Interested in becoming a Mathstar Tutor? We take our job of hiring only the best seriously. Which is why we have a strict selection criteria. The role of a Mathstar tutor requires you to autonomously coach private students as well as work in a team to monitor and provide assistance to our group students. You will attend to each of their needs, be a role-model, take responsibility for their progress, communicate effectively with parents and management, correct students’ work, and write end-of-session reports.
At the end of the day, it’s all about developing the potential in your students. There’s nothing more rewarding than knowing that you have made a real difference in the lives of many students.
Our basic selection criteria is as follows. Applicants must:
- Have completed a Working with Children Check
- Have excellent communication and teaching skills
- Have recently completed VCE and achieved an ATAR of 90 or above
- Be able to commit to a weekly shift of at least 3 hours
- Have a good knowledge of VCE English subject content, and at least one of: Further Maths, Maths Methods, Specialist Maths, Chemistry, Physics or Biology.
Applicants who do not meet these basic criteria will generally not be considered, but we encourage applications where applicants have specific skills, experience, or qualifications that might be helpful to our students.
To apply, please complete the following form and attach your CV. Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.