PAYMENT OF TUITION FEES
- The enrolment fee of $50 per student is due at the time of enrolment.
- Monthly tuition is paid in advance for the following month’s tuition.
- Placements are not guaranteed if accounts are not paid by the 1st of each month.
- Late payments will incur a 5% surcharge for each month the fee is unpaid.
- We accept Cash, Cheque and Direct Bank Transfers for payment.
- Monthly tuition payments are non-refundable or transferrable to another child.
- Tuition fees may be subject to change at any point in time. You will be notified of any changes in writing as soon as possible.
All pre-paid tuition fees are subject to the following terms in the event that the enrolled child or children fail to attend their pre-paid and scheduled class.
a) All pre-paid and scheduled sessions are refundable but will incur a $30 deposit/booking fee. This deposit/booking fee will automatically be deducted from the amount refundable.
b) All attended pre-paid sessions are non-refundable where the enrolled child or children:
- Leave prior to the conclusion of the pre-paid session due to sickness and/or any other reason and/or;
- Fail to co-operate and learn, and/or engage in unlawful, inappropriate and/or disrespectful behaviour during the session.
c) All attended pre-paid sessions are non-refundable where the enrolled child or children are unable to receive tuition services for circumstances outside of Mathstar Tuition’s control. E.g. In cases of natural disasters and/or emergencies, enforced evacuations etc.
d) All sessions that are cancelled by Mathstar Tuition will be fully refundable and no cancellation fees and/or deposit/booking fees will be payable. Mathstar Tuition will seek to ensure that all pre-paid sessions and scheduled sessions are run, but this may not always be possible due to circumstances outside of Mathstar Tuition’s control.
e) For the Once-weekly and Twice-Weekly monthly fee, sessions that are cancelled with at least 5-hour’s notice can be rescheduled, subject to availability, within the current prepaid month and one missed session can be carried to the following month. Any additional missed sessions can not be carried over to subsequent months or transferred to other students.
f) For the Pay-As-You-Go fee, sessions that are cancelled with at least 5-hour’s notice will not be billed. Any unused prepaid sessions will be rolled over to the following month.
- As with any program, steady attendance is a requirement for success.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for communicating absences to the instructor directly.
- Any student that misses 3 consecutive weeks may be required to forfeit their class space.
- Short absences are permitted, but as class sizes and sessions are limited, we can not guarantee your placement will still be available when you return. We may need to relocate your child to another day or session depending on availability.
- A re-enrolment fee is payable for students who have been absent from class for over 8 weeks.
- The centre must be notified before changing a class schedule, discontinuing or an upcoming leave of absence.
- All fees are due until the centre is notified of any changes.
EXPECTED CONDUCT & BEHAVIOUR
- Mathstar reserves the right to discontinue tuition for any reasonable cause should the enrolled child/ren fail to rectify their behaviour.
- Students are expected to behave in a respectful and appropriate manner to tutors and other students within the session and whilst in the centre at all times.
- Students must take appropriate care and refrain from damaging Mathstar Tuition’s premises, resources and furniture. Should the enrolled child or children recklessly, intentionally and/or maliciously damage Mathstar Tuition’s premises, resources and/or furniture, the parent/guardian will be held responsible for the costs of repairing and/or replacing the relevant parts of the premises, resources and/or furniture.
- Mathstar Tuition will not be held responsible or liable for any damage to and/or loss of any property brought into Mathstar Tuition’s premises by the enrolled child or children. Mathstar recommends that children do not bring valuable property into their tuition sessions.
- Students must not bring any dangerous goods or substances onto Mathstar Tuition’s premises.
- Please ensure you keep noise levels down while in the waiting area outside the classroom.
HEALTH & SAFETY
It is the parent’s responsibility to notify Mathstar of any medical condition and/or illness regarding the enrolled student. In cases of emergency, Mathstar Tuition will contact “000” for assistance.
Please ensure that the enrolled child/ren are dropped-off and picked-up on time and by the appropriate person. Mathstar Tuition will not be responsible or held liable for the health and safety of the enrolled child/ren before and after their scheduled tuition sessions.
Mathstar Tuition will endeavour to ensure that the enrolled child or children does not leave prior to their scheduled session concluding, and will only permit the enrolled child or children from leaving prior to their scheduled session with my prior written and/or verbal consent, and/or the written and/or verbal consent from another parent and/or guardian of the enrolled child or children.
Mathstar Tuition will endeavour to provide a healthy and safe environment for learning. However, Mathstar Tuition is not responsible or liable for any natural diasters, accidents, injuries, deaths, losses, damages, expenses or liabilities that are sustained and/or incurred by the enrolled child or children other than that imposed by law during our tuition sessions and/or on or around our premises.
Mathstar Tuition will be released from any indemnity for any claim or action brought against Mathstar Tuition by the enrolled child or children, on behalf of the enrolled child or children, family members of the enrolled child or children and/or any other party related to or connected with the enrolled child or children arising out of natural diasters, accidents, injuries, deaths, losses and/or damages other than that imposed by law.
Please ensure that all of the information provided within the enrolled child or children’s Enrolment Form to Mathstar Tuition is true, correct and can be relied upon.
Should any of the contact details and other important details regarding the enrolled child and children change, please notify Mathstar Tuition at your earliest convenience.
Mathstar Tuition will only use the information provided for the purposes of:
a) enrolling the named child or children for tuition.
b) informing any changes to the enrolled child or children’s enrolment and/or sessions;
c) contacting for the purposes of obtaining general consent, authority, advice and/or information;
d) contacting in cases of emergencies and/or to seek medical instruction, advice and/or attention;
e) providing updates regarding the progress of the enrolled child or children’s tuition;
f) providing updates regarding the operations of Mathstar Tuition and;
g) any other purpose that is deemed necessary or relevant to the provision of Mathstar Tuition’s services.
Mathstar Tuition is permitted to take a photo of the enrolled child or children for the sole purpose of identification, which will be stored on our secure student database, and accessible to Mathstar Tuition staff.